I love animal prints! Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with all kinds of animal prints, but the most popular being the zebra and the leopard (of course, hahaha!). I would not want an actual animal pelt, but I have become pretty accomplished at creating my own. Like these fantastic beauties!
These fabulous earrings are hand-painted zebra print. Two wooden squares dangle from their own chain on each earring, creating a little bit of a wind-chime effect as they swing together from your lobe. These earrings are almost 5 inches long! Almost long enough to touch my collarbone–which is totally my new thing, hahaha! These earrings do draw attention to your neck though, hahaha! The black and white color combo allows these earrings to easily match with most ensembles! And, just like in the wild, all of my animal print pieces are entirely unique–no two will ever be exactly the same!
Now, for some awesome fun facts about the zebra brought to you by my search on http://www.onekind.org!!!
- Zebra can run up to 65km/h. They combine this fast running with excellent stamina and zig-zagging motions to try and evade predators that chase them.
- Although they may appear to be badly camouflaged, when they are in a herd the zebra’s distinct stripes merge into a big mass and make it hard for predators to single out individual animals.
- Massive herds consisting of tens of thousands of zebras perform one of the world’s most awe-inspiring migrations across the Serengeti plains.
- In Native American shamanism, the zebra is the symbol of balance, agility, clarity without filters, and sureness of path.
- Zebras’ stripes are associated with harmony in some cultures. The black and white blending and balancing of opposites mimics the Eastern yin-yang symbol.